What is a Public Limited Company Registration?
A company whose securities are traded on a stock exchange and can be bought and sold by anyone. Public companies are strictly regulated, and are required by law to publish their complete and true financial position so that investors can determine the true worth of its stock (shares). Also called publicly held company. Public limited company and its abbreviation PLC are commonly used in the UK in the way that corporation and Inc. is used in the United States.
- Limited Liability for the shareholders
- Business has separate legal entity
- Business can raise large capital sum as there is no limit to the number of shareholders
- Shares of business are easily transferable
- Raising capital through public issue of shares.
- Widening the shareholder base and spread risk.
- Growth and expansion opportunities